- I don't recall an election campaign where the news zeitgeist was so firmly contradicted by the results. This may not bode well for Stelmach.
- TC's guess is that the unhappiness with the Stelmach government is still there, but the electorate did not like the alternatives and defaulted to business as usual.
- The Leger poll was the most accurate, a fact they were quick to trumpet.
- The turnout was 41%, the lowest ever.
- The Green vote was 4.6% substantially below their 7.6% average in the polls, another instance of the Greens underperforming their polls when the votes are counted.
Tuesday, March 04, 2008
A random collection of thoughts:
Posted by T.C. at 3/04/2008 07:38:00 PM