Each of six national pollsters reported in their most recent survey a downturn for the Conservatives since their previous poll. Most had reported signs of weakening previously:
- Harris-Decima - April 21 here and March 13 here.
- Strategic Counsel - on page 5 here, polls from March 5-8 and April 2-5
- Ipsos Reid - March 10 here, and February 7 here (both polls showed the Conservatives weakening)
- Nanos Research - March 21 here, and Feb. 12 here
- Angus Reid - Results from April 21-22 and March 10-11 can be found on page 4 here.
- Ekos - April 16 here, and Jan. 21 here.
Economic downturns destroy national Canadian incumbent governments quite efficiently albeit not instantly; the death can be slow and painful.